October 7, 2011
October 7, 2011
- The Many Colors of October
- YOU COULD WIN a train ride to the pumpkin patch!
- Eggland's Best Goes Pink
- YOU COULD WIN tickets to Ringling Bros.!
- Maclaren Warehouse Sale 10/8 - 10/10 in Norwalk
- Pumpkin Picking Time
- This Week's Picks
- This Week's Calendar
- Teen Scene
- Plan Ahead
- Lite Kettle Corn Recipe
- Introducing TruMoo® Lowfat Vanilla Milk
- Fall Playgroups
This Halloween, bring home a nutritious treat without tricks!
By: Macaroni Kid National
Autumn is here and Halloween is upon us…along with parties, trick-or-treating and, of course, sweet treats. Why not consider serving your little ghosts and goblins Garelick Farms TruMoo® Lowfat Chocolate Milk instead of sugary sodas and fruit drinks? TruMoo is a more nutritious but equally delicious treat. And this Halloween, try new Limited Edition TruMoo Lowfat Vanilla Milk, available in a fun Halloween orange color. TruMoo Chocolate Milk and Vanilla Milk are packed with the nutrition kids need, like calcium, protein and vitamins A & D, with just enough sugar for the delicious taste they love. Plus, TruMoo is made with no high fructose corn syrup and is available now for a short time with spooktacular Halloween labels.
Heat up TruMoo Chocolate Milk for a warm treat in cooler weather
TruMoo Lowfat Chocolate Milk, while great for any day, is an especially excellent treat for Halloween. It has no high fructose corn syrup – and it tastes great, too! To give TruMoo even more fall flavor, warm it up and add some seasonal spice. Here is a delicious recipe sure to please.
Cinnamon-Dusted Hot Chocolate:
Pour TruMoo Lowfat Chocolate Milk into a microwave-safe mug until it’s about ¾ full. Heat it up on high power for 1½ minutes or until it’s hot, but not boiling. Add ½ teaspoon of cinnamon and stir well. Garnish with whipped cream and a dusting of cinnamon.
Make Halloween more nutritious with TruMoo Lowfat Chocolate Milk:
Try paring tasty holiday treats with Garelick Farms TruMoo Lowfat Chocolate Milk for a more nutritious snack time. TruMoo is a nutrient-packed chocolaty treat that stacks up well against sodas and fruit drinks. Here are a few great reasons to serve TruMoo Lowfat Chocolate Milk this Halloween.
• TruMoo LowFat Chocolate Milk has significantly less added sugar than most sodas and popular fruit drinks. In addition, most of the sugar found in TruMoo is lactose, the natural sugar found in all milk. This makes it a more nutritious choice for any costume party! Do the TruMoo Switcheroo at www.trumoo.com/switcheroo to compare the nutrition of your favorite Halloween beverages.
• Delicious TruMoo contains 8 essential nutrients: calcium, protein, vitamins A, D and B12, riboflavin, phosphorus and potassium. These help strengthen bones and keep you full and satisfied.
• TruMoo Milk starts with fresh, pure milk from Garelick Farms, the dairy you know and trust. That means it contains no artificial growth hormones*.
• It contains no high fructose corn syrup. The delicious taste comes from pure cocoa and just the right amount of sugar, giving kids the flavor they love and offering moms the nutrition they want.
Keep your little ghouls and goblins happy this Halloween with Garelick Farms TruMoo Chocolate or new Limited Edition TruMoo Vanilla Milk, the nutritiously delicious treat you can feel good giving them. Happy Halloween from TruMoo, a truly good thing®.
*Our farmers pledge not to use artificial growth hormones. No significant difference has been shown in milk from cows treated with the artificial growth hormone rbST and non rbST treated cows.
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC